March 29, 2014

Before and After: Guestroom


The evolution of the room has been slow but steady. You may recall where we last left off....Here!


Oh my. A cluttered mess. It took us a while to sort things out in here. Actually, it was our cleaner,  home-organizer extraordinaire who unpacked and cleaned-up this damn mess. Yes, we love her.


I chose Farrow and Ball's 'Bone' for this room which was a welcome change to the deep gold that was throughout the house before. Its soft neutral green was just the back-drop that I was envisioning.




I didn't want to hang a mirror over the dresser. Instead, I wanted to hang something unexpected, out of proportion and fun. If a guest needs a mirror for dressing, there is a large mirror hanging on the wall behind the bedroom door.



 It's cozy, non? Snuggle-up this weekend! It's still cold out there!